Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wacky Week Indeed

May 10, 2010 will go down in history as another one of those events that I can't believe unfolded right before my eyes!  Yes, I was armchair chasing the night away!!!  (one day... the Plains!  I can't take this anymore!)  The radar images I saw were absolutely amazing, so I'm going to share my favorites.  I wish that I had moved the warning box and turned off Spotter Network before capturing these photos, but I was so enthralled in what was unfolding that I couldn't think about things like that!

First.... The Wakita, OK storm!  What a gorgeous hook on this bad boy!  Also, notice the line of chasers on that road down there!  Haha!  Lot's of chasers on this storm!

Next, came from the TDWR radar at the OKC airport, as the tornado roared through Moore and Norman, OK.  I knew this was bad, and I followed along with the news and TWC.  Rush hour through a highly populated area... I knew this wouldn't be good.  But this radar image is amazing!
The next radar image is a cell producing TWO tornadoes...  Crazy!!  One in the main hook part, and another to the north where that other tiny little hook is!
Anyway.. It was a crazy day.  I wanted to spend my week reminiscing about laboratory memories, since this is my last week as a lab rat, but weather has been taking all my attention!!  Not to mention, chemistry is rebelling against me and my career change!!  But that is for another post!  Have a good day everyone!

Edit: I would like to add that both of my targets would have put me in good position!  Enid, OK was perfect, but I could've easily shot north from Wichita Falls, TX and intercepted those cells!  Hooray for forecasting!  I'm getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment