Thursday, May 13, 2010

No Sleep and Lab Memories

I have so much on my mind right now!  I start my new job on Monday, and, in just over two weeks, my hubby and I will be heading out to the UK for a week!  I'm a mix of excited and nervous right now, and it has my insomnia going into overdrive!

As I work my last two days in the lab, I have to look back at all the awesome memories I have had.  It's hard to explain what it is like working in a laboratory full of chemists.  In every chemistry lab I have worked in, it's always the same.  Too many people shoved into a small place.  This is both good and bad.  The bad is obvious. You can't get away from each other, so when you are having one of those days, it makes things difficult.

The good... There is so much good.  Some of my very best friends I have met in the lab.  Amy, Julie, Amber, Lindsey, Adam, Josh, Anne...  You know who you are!  I have danced, laughed, and cried with these people!  Although I don't work with some of you anymore, I would have never met you if we hadn't been chemistry nerds together.  I have danced more in the lab than I ever have anywhere else!  We are never short of good times!

Lab work gives you the ability to be social while you work.  While I'm working, I have the ability to talk (my favorite pastime) all day long if I want to.  Not to mention, I have learned.. learned..  LEARNED so much in my stint in the lab!  The last ELEVEN YEARS of my life I have spent in a lab coat!

Friday will be a tough day for me.  The future is bright, but a door in my life will be closed.  I will turn in my lab coat and my ICP, HPLC'S, and GC's.  I will take with me my pipet bulb (hee hee) and all the memories of all the friends I have made and all the good times I have had.

Jeez... I teared up just writing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment