Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Looking back...

I'm so ready for vacation now.  I feel like I haven't had a whole lot of time to think about it, except for random reports of a pesky volcano that may or may not disrupt our travel plans!


This year has been amazing.  I decided to go back and look at the list I made before the new year started and see how I've been doing..


#1: Vacation in the UK-IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

#2: Spotter Training class!-I finally did it.  It might seem strange, but I don't like doing things alone.  I went all alone, and enjoyed hanging out with the weather nerds and watching a really old man fall asleep complete with snoring about 2 minutes into the meeting.

#3: Participate in a few local chases to get a little experience close to home-Done....  Nothing that exciting has happened.  Two "chases" under my belt now.  I wish I lived in a better area to see, but you have to deal with the hand you are given.

#4: As always, lose a few pounds!!-At one point, I was down 15 lbs.  Now it's more like 12 lbs, but I will take it.  I must make it to the gym!!

#5: Learn, learn, learn! Learning is one of my favorite things! I'm going to learn all I can next year!-This is an ongoing process.  I will always be learning.  There is always something new to learn about!

#6: Get a digital SLR camera and take some photography classes before the UK trip!-Well, this didn't happen.  DSLR's are pricey, and I decided that I am going to ask for one for Christmas!

#7: Focus on the positives this year!-Sometimes this is difficult for me.  People who really know me think I'm a fairly positive person.  The reason I included this is because 2009 was such a difficult year for our family.  All the insignificant things you worry about on a day to day basis mean nothing when you are worried about losing your loved ones!  Thank GOD that my sister is healed and healthy!  That's the best present anyone has ever given me!  



So far... A good year!  Let's keep up the trend!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment