Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The First "Chase"

I hesitate to even call it a chase, but I did get out of the house early and took the long way to work.. Does that count? :)

Anyway, a linear mess was headed my way. Nothing severe. If I didn't have to go to work, I probably would have just hung out at home and waited for it to arrive.

The best part was the amazing lightning show that I didn't get to catch AT ALL on video! But it was okay. I really enjoyed filming and being out in the action.

I think about it every day... How am I going to feel WHEN (not if) I see my first tornado? Am I going to be scared and never chase again? All I know is that you just have to try. If I freak out and cry, then at least I made the attempt! I have dreamed of SEEING a tornado since I was a little kid. Even though I was terrified of all storms, I still new that I would love to go on a storm chase.

This year is supposed to be getting me ready for chase-cation next year! I hope that I get a few more opportunities to chase this spring. Right now, nothing is going on.. The near future doesn't look to promising in our area either!

No comments:

Post a Comment