Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weather Guilt and Good News

Weather guilt......  This is what I call when I get excited over severe weather then end up heartbroken over the significance of an event.  I call it my weather guilt.  It happens a lot more often these days.  I question myself and wonder how I can possibly get so excited over severe weather potential!

The truth is....  NO ONE wants anyone to get hurt, lose their life, or lose property, but it is okay to be amazed and in awe of the power of mother nature.  I think it's just best to use common sense and discretion.  Take a minute to think about that Facebook post that says "OMG SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!" What about those who are afraid or who's lives have been previously affected by severe weather?

Now then.....  for some good news!

Yesterday, I was given my new duties as a Site and Chat Moderator for TVN (tornadovideos.net).  It's something I'm so happy to do, because TVN really means so much to me!  Everyone involved with TVN has really made it a great place, conducive for learning.  I've made REAL LIVE friends there, and I am honored to have this new responsibility!!!  Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment