Saturday, April 30, 2011

God Bless Ringgold

My hometown....

Where you grow up...

Where you go to school.... hang out...  play softball, swim on the swim team.  A rival's stadium...  My niece's senior night and her graduation on the football field. 

I have been devastated.  Words don't even express the way I have felt over the last few days.  My brother's home was damaged by the storm, but thank GOD that it wasn't as bad as I imagined.  They were very lucky.  I hate to say things like "God was with them" because that is to say God wasn't with the other people who weren't as lucky, and we know.. that just isn't true.

What I am doing tomorrow is going to church and counting EVERY single one of my blessings, because there are so many!

I have AMAZING friends and family.... Everyone has been hugely supportive.  I can't begin to explain to you all the help that I have recieved.

A friend from TVN has put me in touch with some other storm chasers who are coming down to help with the relief effort.  I can't wait to get my hands dirty and help out!!!

As we speak, I'm trying to get everything finished so that I may help even as soon as tomorrow!!!!

And all I can say is.. God Bless Ringgold!  We are a great community and WE WILL BE BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment