Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thursday and FRIDAY

Well, Thursday it looks like Oklahoma is going to be chock full of chasers and severe weather!  Holy crap!  Negatively tilted trough.... crazy shear....  instability... EVERYTHING is there!  I will pick a pretend target tomorrow to give myself a little more time to check out the models.

Also, Friday afternoon is looking like another significant weather event for the South.  My biggest concern right now is going to be North MS and North AL.  So, depending on the timing, I'm going to chase this thing.

I hope I can get my good middle TN friends, Jennifer and Jesse Hines to come out with me, but if not, I'll head towards Huntsville alone and maybe pick up my other Jenn on the way!  Again... timing means a lot.  I don't see it getting to Chattanooga until about midnight.  And I really don't feel comfortable chasing after dark (or being chased for that matter), so I'll probably head west after work as far as I can get as long as initiation looks possible within a reasonable time.  Ideally, I'll be back home in plenty of time to set up the tripod and try again for that elusive lightning shot!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment