Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chase Log-March 23, 2011

Right before work was over, I pulled up the radar and saw two options.  Drive NE towards Knoxville and possible miss all action or head to the wimpy action to my west and hope it explodes.  So as soon as I could I left work yesterday and drove west.  In my head, I thought it would be smarter to head towards Knoxville, and it really would have been much better if I had! 

I stopped in a parking lot to touch base with my nowcaster, Jo Nelson, TVN member and awesome friend.  I went to hook the Blackberry to my PC and then, boom.....  I realized I left my cord at home!!!!!  :(  So no radar other than my stupid Weatherbug App on the Blackberry. 

So I lost a bit of confidence, but still drove to South Pittsburg and slightly overshot the storms by going between them in a gap.  I dropped a little south and managed to hang out just under a little cell as it passed by.  It was..... rainy! Hahahah!

But after it passed, the sun poked back through and I got treated to a beautiful rainbow as I headed back towards home.  These storms were crawling so I actually passed through them again, and managed to make it back home before they made it to Ringgold.

Again, I was treated to a rainbow!  :)



Distance: 40 miles
What did I see?  RAINBOW.... Heavy rain and gusty winds

No comments:

Post a Comment