Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tornadoes and Christmas!!

First, let's start with the weather.  On Thursday, a QLCS came rolling through the area.  I didn't experience any severe weather, personally.  Although the rain was insane driving home and as weird as that seems... I was giddy driving through all that heavy rain and wind.  Haha..

Unfortunately in Floyd and Gordon county, tornadoes struck and caused quite a bit of damage.  Floyd County has been initially rated as an EF2 and Gordon County has initially been rated as an EF3.  Interestingly, I was watching radar on this storm and it didn't look super impressive.  See the link below for the information on those tornadoes.

http://stormtrack9.freedomblogging.com/2011/12/23/nws-confirms-ef-2-tornado-in-floyd-co-ef-3-in-gordon-co/15060/

Now then, I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas!  It has taken a lot for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year, but finally.. on Christmas Eve, I woke up feeling it! :)  Like magic...

I will post a year end wrap up next week!  Have a Merry Christmas! :D

1 comment: