Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011-Part 2

The second half of my year was far less eventful.  :)

Just after April 27th, we headed off to San Francisco for an amazing vacation.  San Francisco is a beautiful city.  We had such an amazing time there! 




I finally got to meet south Georgia weather Jenn (Dewdrop)!  She's so much fun.  I met up with her and some of my other weather loving friends down in Peachtree City at the NWS to see the Hurricane Hunter aircraft!  It's funny.. I have talked to Jenn for about 2 years now and she was just as awesome in person as she has been through email!  I also finally met Jesse Hines and Ashley Poling (TVN friends) for the first time in person!  Jesse and I have been pretty good friends for about a year and at that time I hadn't known Ashley for too terribly long, but she's pretty awesome herself!  Here's a photo we all took together at the airport! :)






My summer ended up pretty normal, and I finished the absolutely WORST semester of grad school I had with Biostats and Project Management.  I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind!  Bahahah!  But alas.. I survived!  And the fall semester came and went with little fanfare.  I hope to graduate in the Spring, but most likely I will graduate in the Summer.  It's totally okay though!  I want to be able to do good work on my thesis.  :)

Anyway, one of the other highlights of my year was Athens Popfest in October.  It has been a really long time since I had so much fun!  Stacey and I really had an absolute blast! :D  I got to meet one of my music idols, Vanessa from Pylon, and we also met some amazing people, John from NC and Jill from NY.  We will definitely be back for the fun next year!!

Me, Stacey, and Vanessa Hay from Pylon!





So that's pretty much a wrap! :)  2011 was an amazing year for so many reasons....  I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me, and tomorrow I'll outline my plans for 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment