Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012!!!!

So now we look forward to 2012!  I always like to make little goals for myself.  I don't call them resolutions, because it almost sets you up for failure..Anyway, enough blabber!

Last year I did pretty well with my goals, so let's see how we do this year!

#1: More storm chasing, which I already know will happen.  I am finally going on a chasecation with one of my chaser pals and I absolutely cannot wait! :)  Something crazy could happen between now and then, but regardless, every chance to chase a storm I'm going for it.  I traveled almost 1000 miles in 2011!  I would LOVE to double that!

#2:  GRADUATE!  Again.. this goal should definitely come to fruition as long as nothing too terribly insane happens.

#3: Read more.  I love reading for fun.  School makes me forget that I do. 

#4: FINALLY, I am going to train for that 5k.  And I'm not joking this time.  I will start training, and by fall, I will RUN not walk in a 5k!

#5:  Squeeze in a photography class to better learn my camera.  I think I'm getting a good grasp on composition, but I need better skills with those manual settings.  It will be awhile before I have time to do this, but I'm gonna try to do it in the fall of 2012.

#6:  Hike more.  I forgot how much I love being outside, and I remembered a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to save my sanity.  So, every time I can, I'm going to play outside in the woods.  I love it there. I love the silence. :D

#7: Wean myself away from the laptop after I graduate.  Yes...  I mean it...  I spend far too much time online.  This will help me better achieve #6!

#8:  See the northern lights.  I know this is going to be next to impossible, but.... I have to see them.

#9:  Make sure all my friends and family realize how much I appreciate them.  I feel like sometimes I don't do such a good job.  I really do love the people I let in.  I feel like sometimes I need to be a much better friend.

#10:  Keep smiling and living positively! :D

Thanks for reading my babble, you guys!  <3


2 comments:

  1. All sound like really great goals. :) I know you can accomplish all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sean! :D I'm excited about the potential of this year!

    Happy New Year to you! :)

    ReplyDelete