Friday, June 24, 2011

The Scars of April 27th

Everywhere you look here... There are still scars from that dreadful day.  Where I work, stripped trees still line the path to get there.  On the other side of the mountain, mangled buildings from the EF2 that hit that area in the morning.  I almost forget they are there since this has been my scenery for the last 2 months.  That doesn't even include Ringgold.. which is getting better all the time, but still the scars remain.

In 1997, an F3 tornado tore through East Brainerd in Chattanooga near Hamilton Place Mall.  This tornado destroyed several homes in the area and caused some injuries.  I still look at that area and I can tell what happened there almost 15 years ago!!!

What will our area look like in 15 years?  The EF4 tornado took out so many trees.. beautiful Georgia Pines... I'm thinking about organizing some tree planting parties in the fall, thanks to the suggestion of a friend.

Also, Josh Turner is performing at a benefit concert here in town at my good friend Sue Gass' ranch, The Davis Cattle Co on July 14th!  I do not like country music, but I will be there! :)

We're getting better every day, but yet the scars remain!!!  Healing is a slow process... Time to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment