Thursday, June 16, 2011

Awesome CHASE! :D

Well, yesterday was a day I didn't expect a whole lot out of.  Not much shear, and I thought by the time there were storms it would all be linear poo.

We got a decent storm during the work day.  It produced a pretty awesome shelf cloud, but as always, I was working and my camera was in the car.

Before I headed out, I noticed 2 sets of storms.  Some heading right for home, and some to the north near Sequatchie County.  I picked the storms to the north, because they looked healthier and I didn't want to have to drive back through storms to get home.

I got near Soddy Daisy, TN and received the SVR warning for Catoosa county.  Ugh.. I was upset.  I could have stayed home!  I looked at the radar data for my storm, and it still looked healthy, but I couldn't see much of anything.  I pulled off of the road I was on and took a couple of photos of dark skies coming over the mountain and the wind started picking up.  I decided to head back.  Not to mention there was a 2 inch hail marker on the storm.

As I headed back, feeling a little defeated, I saw in my rear view mirror an amazing shelf cloud!  I immediately pulled off and took a few shots, before the wind nailed me again!  :)  The shelf cloud followed me all the way home!  It was beautiful!

That night I was treated to an epic lightning storm and pea sized hail not once but THREE times!!!  :)

It was a good day.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wait, no pics!? I need pics!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't post my shelf cloud pic!!! New blog post! :D

    ReplyDelete