Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Severe Weather on Thursday!!!

Disclaimer:  I'm a bit rusty on the forecasting so forgive me and correct me for any mistakes or anything I've missed!

The SPC has given credence to what the NAM was eluding to yesterday.  Thursday has the potential for a significant severe weather event in Dixie Alley (W TN, MS, AL, GA).

This morning the SPC gave a 30% hatched probability!



Right now, it looks like the area will remained capped for a good part of the day.

Skew-T for around Memphis TN @ 18z on Thursday:



But around 21z, the cap should erode and the atmosphere should be ripe for severe weather development.


CAPE at 00z:



Unfortunately, a lot of this will be happening overnight in areas that have been hard hit before. 

Stay tuned.. I'll post more as we get closer to the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment