Friday, February 24, 2012

Busted Chase=Photographic Opportunity

Wednesday looked like the best chance for our area to see severe weather.  So as soon as it was 4pm, I picked up and headed out to see what I could see.

Initially, I was going to creep over into AL around Ft. Payne, but I got distracted by a few cells that popped to the north of Chattanooga.  It looked like a nice little line was going to form and so I considered going over to around South Pittsburg to await initiation.

I pulled into about 5 different parking lots and kept checking radar.  The storms just couldn't keep it together.  The cap was strong over the Chattanooga area.  It was too late to try to get to the party in AL, but nothing really happened there, either, so I didn't miss anything. :)

I decided to head up to one of my favorite places in Chattanooga to take some photos and maybe see some of the storms that were fading off in the distance.  So all was not lost!

Point Park is absolutely gorgeous and one of the battlefields in the Civil War. 


Miles traveled: Approx. 30 (mostly driving in circles trying to figure out what to do!)
What did I see: No storms, but a gorgeous view! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment