Sunday, February 12, 2012

Another AMAZING Show in Athens GA!

Friday night, Stacey and I made another pilgrimage down to the beautiful city of Athens, GA for another memorable show.

We spent so much time stuck in traffic..  haha.. But as always, we listened to awesome music and danced (well... I danced) and acted a fool most of the way down there, so the time passed quickly. 

On our way to get dinner, we bumped into Matt, Rachel, and made a new friend, Chris, right before the show.  We walked over to Ted's Most Best where we had seen Los Meesfits at the PopFest in October.  The food was amazing, and I had a Terrapin Rye Ale, which was..... FABULOUS!  Hooray for local breweries!

Friday night reminded me of why music means so much to me.  I had an unbelievable experience with Stacey and some great friends, Matt, Rachel, Brad, Joel, and Chris.  Jeff Mangum played the most amazing set.  When he started off with Oh Comely, I really thought I wouldn't be able to stop crying the entire show.  That was pretty much the case.  I can only think of a few songs where I WASN'T moved to tears.  It was absolutely one of the most amazing music experiences I have ever had in my life!!!  Laura, Andrew, and Scott even joined Jeff on the stage for a few of the songs.  It was absolutely amazing.  The whole crowd sung along with Jeff, and there was so much love in that room! It was just..... gahh.. chillbumps.  It is one of those shows I totally wish I could relive over and over again!

Afterwards, all of us headed over to the Flicker Bar for some drinks and laughs.  Yesterday morning was a rough one, but hey.. it was COMPLETELY worth it!!!!! 

Tonight one more night of music where we will go see They Might Be Giants at Track 29!  What an amazing weekend!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment