Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just Some Random Thoughts :)

I'm not even sure where to begin!  :)

First of all, I have no clue when I'm going to graduate.  I feel really... overwhelmed right now.  I kind of feel like I'm going nowhere fast on this whole thesis thing.  My proposal is still only marginally approved, and as I type this I continue to sit and stare at a blank screen.  So what do I do?  I'm turning to creative writing this morning to unblock this writer's block. 

Secondly, I have so much awesome coming up in the next few weeks.  I'll be glad to have some busy weekends actually.  The best Valentine's weekend ever will be coming up February 10th and February 12th.  February 10th, I get to see Jeff Mangum in concert.  I'm sure this doesn't mean a whole lot to many of you, but Neutral Milk Hotel was one of those bands.  When I heard In the Aeroplane Over The Sea for the first time, it was like someone opened my eyes.  I remember when Stacey told me they were playing at the Blue Angel wayyyy back in 1996 when I was working at the record store.  I was so excited!  Little did we know that would be the only opportunity we would ever get to see NMH, because not long after Jeff Mangum dropped off the face of the earth, basically.  That is still one of the greatest shows I have ever seen.  The Gerbils, Elf Power, and Neutral Milk Hotel....  They had sound problems at the Blue Angel and I remember one of the songs was sang without any sound equipment at all.  It was nearly a religious experience in that moment.

One of my favorite songs from them:


Then on February 12th, I get to see yet ANOTHER band that has helped make and mold me!  They Might Be Giants!!!!!!  I still cannot believe I have never seen them live!  Yesterday was their 30th Anniversary of being a band! So excited!!!



Anyway.. exciting times ahead!  :)  And now.. more reading for me and then some photography fun this afternoon. I think I'm going to head down to Coolidge Park!




No comments:

Post a Comment