Sunday, June 6, 2010

London Vacation-May 29-June 5 2010

Well, it's good to be back in the good ole USA!!!  I loved every minute of our UK vacation, minus the STUPID plane trips and going through customs!  Ugh.. Flying...  Didn't it used to be glamorous or fun?  Now, it is horribly uncomfortable, rude, noisy... shall I go on?

Regardless of our traveling chaos, we had an absolute blast!  :D  I can't say enough about London.  I can't put it into words!  If you love history, architecture, art, please go.  It is incredibly worth it!  Even if we are horribly jet lagged and broke!

I am going to break up my blog posts into days.  I hope I don't bore everyone to tears with my stories, but it's the only way to do it justice!

Let's start with May 29-30 2010, since that was pretty much just one day.

We left Chattanooga for Atlanta around noon on the shuttle bus.  Note to self:  Next time pay the extra money for a flight out of Chattanooga.  More on that to come later.

We arrived at the Atlanta airport, and I noticed there were some storms around.  I hate flying.. You have to understand.  I have done a great deal of flying in my life and every time I think I am not scared or used to it, well... I'm wrong!  You guys KNOW I love storms, but not when I'm in the air.  So we headed to the bar.  I had a few beers and felt better until we got the tab!  $6 for a beer!!!!  Are you kidding me??  Oh and we also saw Justin Bieber in airport security.  If you don't know who he is, then really... it doesn't matter, but we saw him anway!  Anyway, we boarded the plane, and Stacey took some fun shots of the clouds, including this little fun anvil!!

So, many hours of flying and crying babies later, we arrive in Heathrow.  Of course, something dumb has to happen to Stacey and I on every vacation.  Those two dumb things were our airport transfer not arriving and Stacey being deathly ill for most of the trip.  We caught a cab to our hotel, and took a quick nap.  We then headed out to explore our neighborhood, Maida Vale.  Our hotel was in a residential area located just outside of central London.  It took us about 10 minutes to reach downtown by the tube.  A couple of blocks down from our hotel was Abbey Road Studios and Abbey Road.  I am a HUGE Beatles fan!!!  On our way to Abbey Road, we encountered the first of MANY churches that would just blow me away!

Gorgeous churches EVERYWHERE!!!!  Anyway, we were off to Abbey Road.  When we got there, we got a good laugh watching people trying to get "the picture" without getting killed!!  That provided TONS of entertainment!  Here is the REAL LIVE Abbey Road!! 


More to follow tomorrow!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment