Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Interruption!!

I'm going to interrupt my travel stories with news of the THIRD chase that occurred yesterday afternoon!!!  It was an epic technology fail for me though!  When the severe storms crossed over into Catoosa county, it was REALLY windy.  In Walker County, golf ball sized hail had been reported!  I was ecstatic!  The wind was crazy, and I was filming.  Small limbs flew around, and then I looked at my camera and I forgot to hit record.  :( 

So then I came back inside and loaded up GRL3.  I noticed a slight kidney bean shape to the storm just to the north around Ooltewah, TN and suddenly a TVS appeared for just a minute!  I checked out and there was some very weak rotation!  I couldn't find my flip flops, so that cost me a little time.  I hopped in the car with my cameras and hit the road.  I drove as quick as I could toward where the little amount of rotation was occurring, not really anticipating seeing anything too much but it was still fun!!

I realized about half way to my storm that I had very little gas, and by that point the storm had weakened a bit and would have been much more difficult to reach.  So once again I retain my title as Jenny the Rain Shower Chaser.

Oh well.. it was all in good fun!  I'm hoping to see a few more of those kinds of storms today.  It is the only positive thing about summer in the South!!

No comments:

Post a Comment