Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013!!!!!

Well, it is that time of year again!  Time to set goals and see what we can get accomplished this year!  My primary goals are kind of boring.. haha.. to most people, anyway.

Last year, I did pretty good (more hiking, less time online, saw a tornado.. Did I mention I saw a tornado??), but not as good as years past.  Well.. here goes nothing! Let's see what we can accomplish!

1: Become debt free.  I don't believe we can completely become debt free by the end of the year, but I want to make HUGE steps in that direction!  If we can't afford to pay cash, we don't BUY it!  I am even going to strive to do that with vehicles, but we'll see!  I'm planning on making a budget this weekend, and we are going to stick to it!

2:  Sell the house and buy a new one.  We have been dreaming about this one for sometime, but I truly believe that we are finally financially able to buy our dream/forever home!  We want land and lots of it, and to live a bit further out!  Even if it means having to drive a little further to work everyday.  I cannot wait to find our forever home!  This makes me the most excited of all!

3:  Finish school.  This has to happen in 2013.  If it doesn't.. I don't think I'll ever finish.  I have to really push myself to finish!

4:  Get better at photography....  I mean really.  I want to be a good photographer.  I need to practice practice practice!  I've decided to take my camera with me most everywhere I go.

5:  MORE hiking!  I want to do Cloudland Canyon again and not feel like death!  I want to do longer and many more hikes!!!  I can't wait! I love the woods!

6:  More confidence in forecasting for my chasing.  No driving in circles this year.  Pick a target and stick to it.  If storms happen, YAY.. if not, it is all good! 

7:  Double my tornado count this year (2 instead of 1 :P), and get just a smidge closer.. haha.. :D 

8:  Take a real live culinary course! :D  I want to branch out and learn new techniques.. especially FISH!

9:  Exercise no less than 3 days per week.

10:  Keep a positive outlook and learn to accept criticism.  I have a fatal flaw.  I don't like criticism, and I don't respond well to it.  I need to learn to keep an open mind when someone is critical of my actions or work.  Learn from my mistakes....  I'm a big advocate of that, but I'm not as good at it as I should be.

I think that's a pretty good list! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year and here is to 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment