Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Things!

So, Stacey and I have booked our trip to the UK! Late May to early June.. Brits LOOK OUT! :) I'm very very excited about that!

Other good news, I did accept the position in regulatory! I'm very excited about it, but also extremely nervous! I have been a lab rat for as long as I remember. I have enjoyed being in the lab. I really don't know how my hyperactivity is going to handle having a desk job, but the actual job excites me. I believe I made the right choice!

First severe weather of the season hit my house... while I wasn't there to see anything!!! Apparently, GOLF BALL sized HAIL was on the menu on Friday, while I was at work. Oh well.. Next time, I'll set Rerun up with a camera, so I won't miss the action.

Granted, I am just learning how to read models, but next weekend looks to be my first chance to actually chase. I am not going to call it a chase, because that implicates I know what I am doing. Let's just say, I'm going to get into my car, drive towards a storm, and see what I can see. I won't have my laptop in my car.. Just the BlackBerry radar. Interesting, I have figured out how to zoom into street level, so it is ALMOST like having GRL3 attached to a GPS, minus the storm velocity scans, awesome resolution, and giant screen. So, I hope the models hold up and we will have a DAYTIME WEEKEND event within 50 miles of my house!

I'm so excited about this year. Going for your dreams has been everything I hoped it would be! I WILL be going to the UK, and I WILL go on my first REAL chase this year! Next year, I don't know if I will be "Plains-ready," but I'll be close!!

3 comments:

  1. An emerging storm chaser...?! Love it, and you've been following my blog?! I'm honored and touched. Wow. Thanks so much for commenting. I wish I had some tornadoes or something in my back pocket. Coolness. We actually have a chase team member in Centerville, so once you get into chasing, a little more, maybe we could get you on board. It'll really freak all the Mikes out having another "Jennifer".

    See you've got some snow flurries you're contending with... better you than me, and I am so glad it waited a week. How miserable I would have been in my little jacket with s#@w. LOL! I love Chattanooga, and we really want to get out to Rock City at some point, so I am sure we'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you are only a year younger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dewdrop!!

    I just found these comments! How could I miss them? :)

    I'm hoping to get a few more chases under my belt this year, but wow.. What an odd year! I'm so used to having so many storm systems roll through by now!

    Anyway, I would be honored to tag along on a chase with you guys sometime! I really would!

    Thank you for commenting on my blog! I've been following your blog for awhile now! :)

    ReplyDelete