Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome!!!

I have decided to start blogging about my little adventures. First, I should tell everyone a little bit about myself. I'm a chemist who is currently in grad school for pharmaceutical regulatory affairs. Basically, it's FDA laws... That's about as simply as I can explain it! :) I am also learning all I can about meteorology, because I plan on doing some small local chases this year. One day, I'll take the plunge and head west to the Great Plains and do a large scale chase, but right now, I just want to learn all I can.

Why would I want to chase storms?? Well, first of all, I have had a fear of storms since I was a small child, but, just like many people who do chase and study storms, I turned that fear into fascination. Am I inspired by TV shows to become a chaser? Absolutely! I'm sure that influence is highly criticized, but I've been fascinated with those who call themselves storm chasers for as long as I can remember. I remember watching the special that featured Warren Faidley and countless others when I was younger. My family STILL rags me, because I was always excited for the weather report! I watched the Weather Channel for hours during hurricanes and severe weather outbreaks.

Right now, learning in my main priority. I don't want to do anything stupid. Plus, it's a subject that interests me.

What does a good science nerd do when she's out of school? Learn more science, of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment