Saturday, September 15, 2012

WHOA!

Poor little neglected blog!

I have ZERO weather to post about.  It is so good that I enjoy many things other than storm chasing.

My summer has been chock full of hiking and good times.  We didn't really take a real vacation this year, which, honestly, is okay!

Probably the most amazing hike I have done since Muir Woods near San Fran was Cloudland Canyon State Park. We did the strenuous hike to the upper falls.

Here is a photo of Stacey mocking the sign warning over our impending doom!





It was rough, but well worth it!!  It has been a very dry summer so the falls was nonexistent.  Regardless, fabulous trail and fabulous place!!!

The "upper falls:"

The view!!!



I do want to say to make sure you bring WATER and take it easy coming back up from the falls.  Our legs were like totally jelly and could barely support us when we got back up.  We were truly exhausted, but like I said.. WAYY worth it!

I will most definitely post more next week!  Tuesday, we'll be making the trek to Athens, GA to see Guided by Voices for the millionth time!  I'm really excited!!! 



2 comments: